Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What's Happening this Month?

May is over, and June, along with the summer heat that it brings, is in full swing! Last month was Favorite Author Month on The Bookshelf. This month will be bringing many new reviews, recommendations, and, yes, finally, polls to The Bookshelf. Summer officially starts on June 21st, but summer reading starts now!

Summer (or late spring – what it is right now) is a great time to enjoy a novel outside in the fresh air, or a great time to enjoy a novel inside your home, 65 degrees, in front of a fan, set on high. Either way, summer brings many opportunities to enjoy great books and read reviews about great books right here on The Bookshelf.

This month will feature reviews of Divergent, an engaging book about identity and decisions, by Veronica Roth and The Diary of a Young Girl, the world’s most famous primary source of World War Two’s horrible extermination of Jews, by Anne Frank. In addition to these two reviews, more reviews will be coming towards the mid and the end of June. 

Reviews are nice (very nice, in my opinion), but I’m sure you must be wondering, “What happened to the polls?” I know, I know – I promised new polls in both March and May, and I didn’t follow up with my promises. However, June will be different. I have two polls already pre-planned – pre-planned so I can’t make up an excuse saying that, “Oops! I forgot!” Expect the first of June’s polls on… okay, maybe I shouldn’t give an exact date, just in case I can’t make the date. Despite not having an official date, polls will be put into place soon.

A Quick Summary for June: Two definite reviews, more reviews are highly likely to be posted, two polls, summer heat, and fun. 

– Jacob 

(Image courtesy of Donna Hopkins, PatchWork Photos)

No comments:

Post a Comment