Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Poll #7: Summer Reading, Revisited

About a year and a month ago, I created the first poll for The Bookshelf, titled Summer Reading. Today, June 21st, is the first day of summer, so I thought it seemed fit to have another summer reading poll on The Bookshelf – a clone of the original. That's right; I'm republishing last year's post with the same question and the same answer options. Some may call this idea lazy, others may call it genius; a brilliant way to see the growth and development of a blog and its readers over a time period of one year. I prefer the latter opinion.    

With that being said, Poll #7 is up and ready to receive precious votes! Remember that we are trying to create a record number of votes on a single poll for The Bookshelf! The current record is taken by Poll #5: Books into Movies, with seventeen votes. We can do better than that! Even if we only make to eighteen votes, we will still have accomplished something. FYI, if the record is broken, a special results post will be posted. It will be like the Guinness Book of World Records, only ten times greater.

The question, same as last year's, Do you plan to read this summer? Following the question are four answer options, also the same as last year's. GO VOTE! If you can only do one thing on this blog, that one thing should be voting on this poll (And, you know, you should appreciate books and their book review counterparts, too...). As always, the poll is located on the right side of the page, above the "about me" section. The poll closes on Thursday, July 7th, so make sure to have your voice heard before time runs out!

The time for summer is here, as is the time for summer reading!

– Jacob

P.S: You may have noticed that this post is shorter than some of my more recent ones (i.e. all posts from this year). This is because, after reading the original, short Poll #1: Summer Reading post, I realized that their can be beauty in simplistic, yet meaningful posts. However, do not expect this to happen often.

Hey! You, yeah, you! Stop reading this postscript and go VOTE! (please.)

(image via)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jhop I know it has been a while since I have been on your blog, but you know volleyball and everything. So you better be reading lots, and if you don't mind I'm attempting to read Great Expectations and would appreciate you comments and reviews of the book... I miss you Jhop and Clam:( . Thanks Jhop txt me when you can,
    Tigger

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tigger: Thanks for visiting! Good luck with Great Expectations - it's a BIG book! I've never read it but I do own a copy, so maybe one day I'll talk about it here on The Bookshelf.
    - Jacob

    ReplyDelete