Saturday, May 22, 2010

Read All Over

It's official: I am very excited. A new used bookstore has recently opened up in Downtown Fredericksburg. This store, called Read All Over, is a quiet, little book nook. It has a red awning (and other red things) to display its name, and is filled with great books. Like many other used bookstores, I found Read All Over very original. There were books displayed in unique fashions, novels that could not be found anywhere else, and peaceful music playing in the background.

One section that caught my attention, was an area of the store that had classic books. Included in this section were, Pride and Prejudice, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Peter Pan, Anna Karenina, Jane Eyre, and all the Shakespeare plays. They were all reprinted in paperback, with nice, new cover illustrations. They were the originals, not adapted forms.

I have decided that it will be a goal for me this summer to read some of these classic works of literature, and review them on this blog. I would very much like to read and love these books that shaped modern literature. Who knows, I may even venture out, and read the long War and Peace by Tolstoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment