Saturday, August 7, 2010

What I'm Reading (08/7/10)

I am currently reading the book Fire by Kristin Cashore. I was planning to write a review for this book when I was finished it, but it is the second in the series, and too many spoilers would be revealed from the first book. This book, while published after the first book in the series, is a prequel to the first book. Even though it's a prequel, it still gives away spoilers. However the publisher's synopsis doesn't give anything away:
It's not a peaceful time in the Dells. The young King Nash clings to the throne while rebel lords in the north and south build armies to unseat him. The mountains and forests are filled with spies and thieves and lawless men.

This is where Fire lives. Fire is the last remaining human monster. Equally hated and adored, she has the unique ability to control minds, but she guards her power, unwilling to steal the secrets of innocent people. Especially when she has so many of her own.

Then Prince Brigan comes to bring her to King City. The royal family needs her help to uncover the plot against the king. Far away from home, Fire begins to realize there's more to her power than she ever dreamed. Her power could save the royal family and the kingdom.


If only she weren't afraid of becoming the monster her father was.
Like I said earlier, this is the second book in a series. The first book was just okay, and I'm already 1/3 of the way through this book, and it's just so-so. The writing is fairly good, but the plot is inconsistent. Honestly, I probably would not recommend this book. I'm just reading it because I've already read the first.

On another, completely different note:
I have been trying to post as much as possible this month. This blog has been online since May, and May has so far been the month with the most posts. The month of May had ten posts, while June and July both had seven posts. I'm trying to make August The Bookshelf's most posted month! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment